Friday, April 22, 2011

Theme Thursday (on Friday): Weather

Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules:
*A theme will be posted each week on Thursday
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between the Pages
This week's theme is Weather. Here is my selection from Flaubert's Parrot by Julian Barnes (pp. 11-2):

On my last day in Rouen I drove out to Croisset. Normandy rain was falling, soft and dense.


6 comments:

fredamans said...

Great snippet.

kavyen said...

Great snippet.. Soft and dense is the perfect description for a pouring rain. Thanks for your theme suggestion, I hope it gets selected in the random selection next week. I think it will be a cool theme as well...

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

I'm so glad to hear your surgery went well!

Mine had rain in it as well, it mirrors the weather outside this week! It's from The Vespertine.

Cat said...

I like that description - soft and dense brings to mind a gentle rain.
My snippet is also about rain but rather more uncomfortable.

Happy to hear your surgery went well . :-)

Yvonne said...

Very descriptive!

Buffy said...

Maybe someday I'll experience the Normandy rain. I'd like that.

Here's mine:

http://situationswhereyoumayneedit.blogspot.com/2011/04/theme-thursday-weather-lost-hero-by.html