Thursday, June 23, 2011

Booking Through Thursday: Reading Soundtrack

btt button

This week's Booking Through Thursday question:

What, if any, kind of music do you listen to when you’re reading? (Given a choice, of course!)

I don't usually listen to anything when I'm reading. It's not that I can't or it's too distracting. I've been known to get lost in a book and not hear much of anything. At this stage of my life, though, I figure if I'm just going to tune the music out, then there isn't much point of having it on.

But if I do have music playing, then it has to be instrumental--preferably classical or soft jazz.


8 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Good answer! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

jlshall said...

This was pretty much my answer, too. I generally like peace and quiet when I'm reading.

CMash said...

I need some background noise or I tend to doze off, getting old I guess lol. If I am reading a book where I am "transported", I am not aware of anything either, however, music prevents that from happening. Odd, huh? But then, it's me lol.

Jo K said...

I don't listen to anything usually, either. Here is my BTT.

Gigi Ann said...

I totally agree with you. I love my peace and quiet, the only music i would listen to if I had music on, would be what my kids use to call 'elevator music' but if I have the choice I want peace and quiet.

Anonymous said...

I agree also, I prefer quiet reading.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday_23.html

gautami tripathy said...

I prefer soft music while reading.

Here is my BTT: Soundtrack post!

Amy said...

Great answer! I'm the opposite though, I always have to listen to music when I read. Love your blog! :)