Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Challenge Complete: Color Coded Reading Challenge



I thought last year would be my last year participating in my own Color Coded Reading Challnge. I keep thinking that I've used up all the shades of brown on my TBR piles (I insist on having the color in my titles) and I keep finding another (or I keep buying more books with a suitable word...). So, I signed up one more time and have now completed the challenge. We'll see if I can produce another brown (or brown-like) title next year...

Here are the books read: 

1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
Death with Blue Ribbon by Leo Bruce (4/20/17) 

2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Little Red Guard by Wenguang Huang (6/7/17)
 
3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
The Golden Bird Folk Tales from Slovenia by Vladimir Kavčič (5/16/17)

4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Green Turtle Mystery by Ellery Queen, Jr. (3/19/17)

5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Secret of the Wooden Lady by Carolyn Keene (6/19/17)

6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title/on the cover.
The Black Count by Tom Reiss (1/21/17)
The Ebony Bed by Rufus Gillmore

7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title/on the cover.
Mystery in White by J. Jefferson Farjeon (6/11/17)

8. A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
When the Sea Turned to Silver by Grace Lin (1/24/17)

9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
The Polka Dot Nude by Joan Smith (5/2/17)

No comments: